Wetsuits are essential, the rivers are cold at all times of the year.
- Wetsuit – Essential, rivers are cold at all times of the year. Minimum of 4/3mm steamer through December to February and 5mm or more for the rest of season.
- Wetsuit booties – Preferably with a sole. Neoprene socks are acceptable.
- Thermals – Polypro or titanium top and long johns. Can be worn under the wetsuit if you need more warmth. Marino is good, bring an old one in case it gets stretched.
- Splash jacket – very good for preventing wind chill.
- Wetsuit hood – optional.
- Towel – or two.
- Sunscreen – Don’t Bug and fry.
- Insect repellent – Repels sand flies not RiverBugs.
- Water – to drink.
- Food – for before and after. Snacks for on the river. Muesli bars or carrots go great in your life jacket pocket!
- Warm clothes – to change into at the end.
- Large dry bag – to put your wet gear in.
All of the above plus…
- Tent – Unless accommodation is available and has been arranged.
- Sleeping bag
- Air bed/Sleeping mat
- Change of clothes
- Food – Breakfast, lunch and dinner for each day.
- Gas Cooker + pots – if the camp site doesn’t have cooking facilities.
- Plastic bag – Makes getting into wet wetsuits super easy.
- $2 coins – for hot showers at Riverside Holiday Park in Murchison.